Top Health News -- ScienceDaily Top stories featured on ScienceDaily's Health & Medicine, Mind & Brain, and Living Well sections.
- NJIT researchers unlock a new method for testing protein-based drugsam 27. September 2022 um 23:27
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) researchers have unveiled a new lab technique they say represents a 'paradigm shift' in how pharmaceutical laboratories test and produce new protein-based drugs, such as therapeutic monoclonal antibodies being developed to treat a variety of diseases, from cancers to infectious diseases.
- Fasting-mimicking diet reduces signs of dementia in miceam 27. September 2022 um 18:43
Cycles of a diet that mimics fasting appear to reduce signs of Alzheimer's in mice genetically engineered to develop the illness, according to a new study. Short cycles of a low-calorie diet that replicates fasting appeared to reduce inflammation and delay cognitive decline in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease; initial data indicates diet's safety in Alzheimer's patients.
- New model of Alzheimer's as an autoimmune diseaseam 27. September 2022 um 15:13
Scientists have proposed a new mechanistic model (AD2) for Alzheimer's, looking at it not as a brain disease, but as a chronic autoimmune condition that attacks the brain.
- New findings on the effects of COVID-19 on the colonam 27. September 2022 um 14:23
Researchers have analyzed the manifestations of COVID-19 in the lungs and colon and pinpointed the differences at a molecular level. Their findings form the basis for the identification of novel biomarkers and the development of new treatment strategies.
- Coffee drinking is associated with increased longevityam 27. September 2022 um 0:08
Drinking two to three cups of coffee a day is linked with a longer lifespan and lower risk of cardiovascular disease compared with avoiding coffee, according to new research. The findings applied to ground, instant and decaffeinated varieties.