Top Health News -- ScienceDaily Top stories featured on ScienceDaily's Health & Medicine, Mind & Brain, and Living Well sections.
- Vision impairment is associated with mortalityam 6. März 2021 um 16:32
A meta-analysis finds that vision impairment and blindness are tied to an increased risk of mortality, prompting the need to address global eye health disparities.
- Physics camp has proven benefits for high school girlsam 6. März 2021 um 16:31
Studies show that engaging high school girls in physics before they begin formal studies gives them an edge, and helping K-12 teachers incorporate engineering concepts in the classroom boosts their students -- and themselves.
- New potential for functional recovery after spinal cord injuryam 5. März 2021 um 18:37
Researchers have successfully reprogrammed a glial cell type in the central nervous system into new neurons to promote recovery after spinal cord injury -- revealing an untapped potential to leverage the cell for regenerative medicine.
- Uncovering hidden forever chemicalsam 5. März 2021 um 18:37
Researchers found large quantities of previously undetectable compounds from the family of chemicals known as PFAS in six watersheds on Cape Cod using a new method to quantify and identify PFAS compounds. Exposures to some PFAS, widely used for their ability to repel heat, water, and oil, are linked to a range of health risks including cancer, immune suppression, diabetes, and low infant birth weight.
- Novel urine test developed to diagnose human kidney transplant rejectionam 5. März 2021 um 18:37
Investigators proposes a new, noninvasive way to test for transplant rejection using exosomes -- tiny vesicles containing mRNA -- from urine samples.