Top Health News -- ScienceDaily Top stories featured on ScienceDaily's Health & Medicine, Mind & Brain, and Living Well sections.
- Down on Vitamin D? It could be the cause of chronic inflammationam 7. August 2022 um 20:16
Genetic research shows a direct link between low levels of vitamin D and high levels of inflammation, providing an important biomarker to identify people at higher risk of or severity of chronic illnesses with an inflammatory component.
- Design prevents buildup of scar tissue around medical implantsam 7. August 2022 um 14:20
Researchers have designed a new device, which doesn't rely on immunosuppressing drugs, may assist efforts to develop an artificial pancreas to treat diabetes.
- No, the human brain did not shrink 3,000 years agoam 7. August 2022 um 14:20
Did the 12th century B.C.E. -- a time when humans were forging great empires and developing new forms of written text -- coincide with an evolutionary reduction in brain size? Think again, says a team of researchers whose new paper refutes a hypothesis that's growing increasingly popular among the science community.
- 'Simple yet powerful': Seeing cell secretion like never befoream 5. August 2022 um 19:44
A research team has developed an assay that is versatile, low-cost and adaptable to any laboratory setting and has the potential to provide a more comprehensive look at proteins secreted by cells than the widely used existing assays.
- Locusts can 'sniff' out human canceram 5. August 2022 um 19:44
Researchers have shown that locusts can not only 'smell' the difference between cancer cells and healthy cells, but they can also distinguish between different cancer cell lines.