Top Health News -- ScienceDaily Top stories featured on ScienceDaily's Health & Medicine, Mind & Brain, and Living Well sections.
- When it comes to communication skills, maybe we’re born with it?am 24. September 2021 um 22:25
A neuroscientist and speech pathologist, led a study that uncovered how neural networks in infants influence their language learning skills in early childhood.
- In a gene tied to growth, scientists see glimmers of human historyam 24. September 2021 um 22:25
A new study delves into the evolution and function of the human growth hormone receptor gene, and asks what forces in humanity's past may have driven changes to this vital piece of DNA.
- Guiding microbes along their patham 24. September 2021 um 14:43
The direction of movement of a microbe directly depends on the curvature of its environment, according to new findings. The researchers investigated the navigation of a model microbe, a small self-propelling microalga, in confined compartments with different shapes. They also developed theoretical models to predict the probability flux of that microswimmer which was confirmed by experiments. With this model available, it is now possible to pre-define the average trajectory of such microbes by manipulating the curvature of the compartments which directly affects their movement.
- Insights from our genome and epigenome will help prevent, diagnose and treat canceram 24. September 2021 um 14:43
In 2020, an estimated 10 million people lost their lives to cancer. This devastating disease is underpinned by changes to our DNA -- the instruction manual for all our cells.
- New cause of inherited heart condition discoveredam 24. September 2021 um 14:42
The discovery provides a new causal explanation for 1-2% of adults with the condition.