Top Health News -- ScienceDaily Top stories featured on ScienceDaily's Health & Medicine, Mind & Brain, and Living Well sections.
- Researchers map neurons in the brain involved with social interactions with others in groupsam 21. Oktober 2021 um 21:52
In social experiments, three monkeys sat around a rotary table and took turns offering food to one of the other two monkeys. Certain neurons in the brain responded to the actions of other monkeys in the group and influenced an animal's upcoming decisions to reciprocate or retaliate.
- Bat study reveals secrets of the social brainam 21. Oktober 2021 um 21:51
Neuroscientists used wireless devices to record the neural activity of freely interacting Egyptian fruit bats, providing researchers with the first glimpse into how the brains of social mammals process complex group interactions.
- Scientists look beyond the individual brain to study the collective mindam 21. Oktober 2021 um 21:51
Scientists argue that efforts to understand human cognition should expand beyond the study of individual brains. They call on neuroscientists to incorporate evidence from social science disciplines to better understand how people think.
- Spending time in nature promotes early childhood developmentam 21. Oktober 2021 um 16:10
Want to ensure your child hits their expected developmental milestones? New research suggests living in areas with high exposure to green-space can help set them up for success.
- Under arrest: Using nanofibers to stop brain tumor cells from spreadingam 21. Oktober 2021 um 16:09
Researchers have used high-density nanofibers that mimic the microenvironment of the brain to capture tumor cells, opening doors to novel therapeutic solutions for aggressive brain cancer.